
At the beginning of this month, my oldest nephew got his mission call! It's really weird to think that he's that old. Because then I start feeling old. But he's only 6 years younger than me, so I guess it's acceptable. I don't think I've ever seen him so nervous either.
We were all sooo excited for him! There were so many friends and family packed into that living room and phones and computers out every where connecting him to people across countries to share in this exciting moment. With my parent's listening over my phone, he read out
"Dear Elder Frey, you are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the El Salvador San Salvador East Mission! You should report to the Mexico Missionary Training Center on Wednesday , September 4."
He, as was everyone else, was shocked! But super stoked. He's going to make an incredible missionary! I've always been impressed by this kid. He's probably one of the happiest people I know, and one of the most loving and thoughtful.
On a side note, afterwards we hung out outside with Jon and Clayton broke out into a game of catch with my niece and nephews. Can I just say, I love my husband and how good he is with kids! They just flock to him and love him instantly. I'm really grateful that my nieces and nephews have taken to him so quickly. He's going to be such a great daddy someday!
No comments:
Post a Comment