Tuesday, July 2, 2013

First Year Anniversary!

Can you believe it?? This past year has flown by! Marriage is a blast, especially when you marry someone as randomly crazy/awesome as Clayton. We were joking around this weekend about how, before we were dating, we were so oblivious to how perfect we were for each other. We have the same weird sense of humor, same goals, same thoughts even sometimes. I'm so glad I married my best friend.

Well, we decided that to celebrate our anniversaries, instead of gifts, we were going to save and go on a getaway mini vacation every year. This year, we decided to take a long weekend and head up to Salt Lake City. So, this past Saturday we headed up there after we finished getting ready for his interview and he took me out to Olive Garden followed by the best thing ever: drive-in movies! Neither one of us had been to one in way too long, and they were showing movies we wanted to see. Monsters University and Man of Steel. Because we were late getting there, we ended up sitting on the top of our SUV instead of in the back, but with the heat wave hitting Utah, it was perfect. We LOVED Monsters University, didn't stop laughing to entire time. Man of Steel....well we were a little disappointed. It was alright, but definitely could have been better. Either way, a great way to spend a Saturday night.

Photo: Drive in with the hubby! #oneyearanniversary #monstersuniversity #sogood

Sunday we spent the whole day relaxing in our hotel. We brought some card and dice games and played a ton of those, watched a couple of movies. Slept in. Definitely our favorite day of the weekend.

And Monday! We got up early to pack our day full before I had to take Clayton to the airport. We went and walked around the City Creek Center for the first time. It's an amazing mall. Bought Clayton a new white shirt and awesome tie to go with his new suite for his interview. Did I mention he's a stud?? :) At Chinese for lunch, and then decided to hit the Hogle Zoo. I hadn't been since I was little, so I was pretty excited.

Sadly, they're renovating half the park to make a new Savanah area for the lions, so my favorite part where you pop your head up from underground is no longer there, but it was awesome! We loaded ourselves up with water and sunscreen and hit the pavement! Hands down, the monkeys were definitely my favorite.

 I know it's hard to see, but there's a monkey to the right of Clayton.




 This turtle is over 100 years old!
 Sloth!









Afterwards, we split dinner at Chile's, found a park near temple square where we could kill time playing some games and then off to the airport he went!

It was definitely a great weekend and we were sad to see it end so quickly. I can't wait to see what the next year of our marriage has in store for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment