Friday, August 22, 2014

Claire--1 Month Old

I've been taking pictures of Claire every month so I can see how much she's grown and documenting her growth. It's crazy how fast they grow! I love it and hate it all at the same time. But here's her at 1 Month!




She was also super alert and could already follow us around with her eyes. And she was getting really good at holding her head up, even if a little wobbly. She was the perfect newborn and slept through the night from the very beginning, and my absolute favorite thing was that she always had to sleep with her hands on either side of her face. Even when she was awake (like this picture) she had her hands up by her head, but it wasn't surprising since every ultrasound showed her doing the exact thing. Just for fun, here's some more pictures of the adorableness that was (is) her for her first month.


 
  

 



proof that she had hair!



The first week home all we did was watch movies and sleep. It was awesome. We set up the hide-a-bed and her port-a-crib and all three of us zonked all week long. The second week was great because my mom came down and spent some time with us. It was fun to see Claire interact with her grandma and spend some time with my mom. She helped so much!

Then the week after that my dad and sister Jennie drove all the way down here from Idaho to come see and help. Since Dad and Mom were both here, we decided to have Claire's baby blessing a little earlier than normal. Ok a lot earlier. She was just under 3 weeks old. We had originally planned to do it in church, but it so happened that the week we planned was the Gilbert Arizona Temple dedication. Instead we had her blessing at my in-law's house. It was really wonderful. We just had family there and our bishop and it was sweet and simple. Her blessing was so wonderful too. I just know she's going to be an amazing woman someday. I can't wait to see what she grows up to be and how many people she influences. Also, my AMAZING seamstress of a mother made Claire's blessing dress and it was GORGEOUS! I absolutely loved it.






















Claire's on the blanket that I was wrapped in when I was blessed.






The rest of the month went by way too fast. We quickly found out that she LOVES bath time, and we loved our happy baby. 



miss those cross eyes! :)
My amazing sis-in-law made these for Claire. It came with a shirt and adorable booties, but sadly the shirt was too big and the shoes kept falling off. But I LOVE them. She's so talented. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment