Monday, October 28, 2013

Pregnancy Catch Up

So most, if not all of you, should already know that we're expecting a little girl February 21st. We're beyond excited! And let me just say that being pregnant is quite the interesting experience. I never know what to expect day-to-day.

We've definitely been blessed with a simple pregnancy so far. In my first trimester I only felt tired. All. The. Time. I took a lot of naps and got the best sleep I've ever had at night. It was great. I was also lucky enough to never really get sick. Only in the last 2 weeks of my first trimester did I get anything similar to morning sickness. I mean, before then certain smells would make me queesy (one of my first tips that I could be prego), but this was something that hadn't happened before. Both times I got sick, I had just enjoyed a wonderful meal, stood up to clean up my plate, and then run to the bathroom. And one thing that I've proven, Baby Girl, does NOT like cashews. Which is terribly sad. Both times I tried eating some and it didn't end well. All I have to say is hats off to all of you women out there that have to go through morning sickness throughout their pregnancy. It was terrible enough those times.

I was a lot better at documenting everything going on with me in my first trimester too: taking pictures, weekly updates. But I got lazy and moving messed up my system. So no go for the pictures anymore. We went in for our first appointment when we moved here. We thought we were only 12 or so weeks along, but they told us it was actually over 14. So woo! 2 weeks down without having to do anything :) It was really cool to finally hear her heartbeat and see her. I was getting pretty anxious. During the ultrasound Clayton was asking the technician how early we could find out what the sex is and she was like, "We could find out now if you want!" That took us by surprise. But that's when we found out it was a little girl. Even if Clayton refused to acknowledge it until we knew "for sure" at our next appointment :) We were both hoping for a boy.

Either way, we're both excited. She's been actively poking, and prodding, and kicking around since 16 weeks which has been really fun to feel. Well, until she kicks in the ribs. That's quite a shock. Or straight in my bladder. Both aren't as fun. Clayton can feel her now too. That was an exciting moment when he first felt a good kick. She's getting strong every day!

As for the second trimester, it's been nice. I ache. Everywhere. But that's only if I have a weird sitting position. But basically I feel very squished in my mid section. And my back kills. And I look very very very forward to the day when I can sleep straight on my back or stomach. But our biggest challenge right now is figuring out a name. Who'd have though that it would be so difficult?? Anywho, I'll post pictures once my computer is back up and running (it's having issues). Just picture me in your mind getting bigger every day! Believe me, I feel huge, and I still have 4 months to go. 23 weeks and counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment