Monday, October 28, 2013

Ok so it's been awhile...

Sorry for taking so long in blogging again! I dunno, just haven't wanted to. Not that exciting things haven't happened. I mean obviously with moving to Arizona (by the way, don't EVER move to Arizona in August. They take the saying "warm welcome" a little too literally) and with a baby girl on the way! It's been an interesting couple of months.

Looking for apartments down here was a stress and a half. We had to find one in 5 days since we didn't want to keep the Uhaul for longer. And I swear every single one in our price range was in ghetto land and the reviews didn't do anything for making me feel safe in those areas. So  after hiking up our budget and looking at every single apartment that I could find online, we finally found one we wanted to look at. So there we were, driving on the way to it...and we noticed more and more "get cash now!" businesses, and run down stores, and OLD houses...and shiny escalades (not a good sign). Needless to say, we pulled up to the apartment, took one look, and turned around. We found one in the ghetto. Again. So there's a 20 minute drive for nothing. So we decided to drive to where Clayton was going to work just to see where it was and what was in the area. There ended up being a couple of nice looking apartment complexes a couple blocks away. We stopped at one and could instantly tell by the gorgeous state of the all the cars in the parking lot it was out of our price range, and when we looked it up we found out it was DEFINITELY out of our price range. No go for that one. Then we found the 2nd apartments nearby, which just happened to be ones that our friends recommended for us since they had lived there before. We went in, looked at an apartment, and signed a contract. It was great!

And it's so big! Well, compared to our first apartment. That one could have literally fit in just our living room. Only down side to it is that it's the 3rd floor...and that's a lot of steps for a growing prego woman. I get pretty winded, pitifully enough.

But ya, we've really enjoyed it here so far. Our ward is teeny, but very nice. I've been lucky enough to not have to work; Clayton really enjoys his job. And our apartment fits us perfectly right now. My favorite thing is every day at 5 o'clock, like clockwork, I get serenaded by a few hundred birds that reside in the trees in our courtyard outside my window. It's crazy! All day long it's silent and then all of a sudden I feel like I'm in the middle of the jungle. It's the little things :)

No comments:

Post a Comment