It's the start of 2013, and with that comes resolutions for the new year. Admittedly, I don't have the greatest track record when it comes to keeping any of my resolutions, but this year seems different. Some goals I started over Christmas break which is giving me some extra motivation. But it helps to have Clayton there making the same goals and being my main motivation to keep working hard. With that said, I've put some thought into my resolutions, and while some may seem generic they're what I really need right now.
So, my resolutions for 2013 are: (with explanations of what I'm going to do to fulfill them, since I'm thinking of this as a binding contract with myself)
1. Read in the Book of Mormon every day by myself. No limit on how much because I want to try and study them and look up things as I go along.
-Since things are hectic getting to work in the morning, I'm going to do my scripture study time while Henry takes his first nap in the mornings.
2. Read The Infinite Atonement after scriptures. My amazing mother-in-law gave it to me for Christmas, and I'm really excited to read it.
3. Finally get fit and lose those 15-20 lbs that I really need to lose. And keep it off. Thankfully I've been figuring out good food habits before Christmas, and Clayton and I ran a couple times during break. I had already lost 8 lbs. But the holidays always messes it up, so I have to lose some of the regained lbs again. But I'm going to keep watching calories and proportions and stop snacking. On top of everything else, Clayton and I decided to keep running three times a week, for now on the track at BYU after work/school and then do other cardio work the days off. I'm really excited to get started on this one later today.
4. Consistently budget every single week and month with Clayton and keep track of every cent we're spending/saving.
5. Read a new book at least once a month.
Well there it is. It's not a huge list, but for now, those are the things I need to make habits of. Hope every one had a great New Years and Christmas! Hopefully I'll blog more soon.
You're inspiring. EIGHT LBS?? WOWWWWW!! YOU ROCK!
ReplyDelete