This post is so so so late, but on March 24, 2012, Clayton proposed! :)
We were planning on going on a hike early that morning, have a nice picnic breakfast up Rock Canyon (he was sweet to volunteer to get all the breakfast stuff for us ready...or so I thought haha).
The plan was that he was going to pick me up at 8am (ya, early. gross.) And usually he texts me in the morning, which is good cause we can make sure the other is up. 7:45 rolls around...7:50...so I text him to say good morning and this is what I get, "Aw dang it! I slept in." haha no biggie, he came over around 8:30 and we left for the canyon then.
Backpack and blanket in hand, we headed up the trail. Just your typical morning. While hiking along, I looked over at my right and saw a little cave with something white in it. Now, I've been up this canyon and have seen a lot of stuff left by hobos in the caves. This peeked my curiosity, so I went up the little path to see what the white thing was.
When I got there, I saw a white sheet with rose pedals on it. Next to the sheet was a poster board (me oblivious) that looked like a facebook page and said, "Clayton Poston requests (this is where I thought, "Oh cool! It's for us!" still oblivious) to marry you. (this is where I went: wha?...ohhh...oh! oh my gosh!) Confirm/Ignore."
I turned around to find Clayton (me still in shock 'cause I had NO idea he was going to propose), and I found him smiling at me. Then he got on one knee and asked me to marry him!! :) :) I'll admit I got a little emotional, but I said YES! :D (not that my answer mattered to him, he had the ring on my finger before I could even answer haha) We were soo happy! :) Best day ever :)
Underneath the sheet was a wonderful breakfast of fruit, parfait, and muffins that he had prepared for us. It was so wonderful :) I'm so excited to marry my best friend. My perfect puzzle piece :)
It's about time you found someone who knows how to take care of you and have fun your way. We are happy for you.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness . . . I am so happy for you. Both of you, really, because I know how lucky Clayton is to be marrying YOU!!!! I love these pictures and love, LOVE the ring. and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE YOU!!!!
ReplyDeleteSo . . . I just got caught up on all the posts I have missed. It was great to read your story, especially knowing the end (or beginning, however you want to look at it.) Love you girl--can't wait to see you.
ReplyDelete