Monday, April 16, 2012

Meet the Parents!

For President's Day weekend, Clay and I thought it would be the perfect time to have a fun little road trip and head to Idaho for the three-day break from school. I was so excited for him to meet my parents, even if he was nervous.

So Friday we packed up our stuff and started the drive! Sadly, we got out later than anticipated, putting us right in SLC's rush hour traffic. So it took a little bit longer to get home than usual, but we had a pretty good time. Clay with his sunflower seeds, and me trying to make the ipod music loud enough (the car stereo doesn't really work...so we bought some cheap speakers for my ipod...which work great! when we're not on a loud road...haha most of the time I was holding one speaker up to my ear and one speaker up to his :D it was an adventure!)

Once in Idaho, we actually went to Rexburg first to see Enoch, Clayton's younger brother going to BYU-I right now. We took him out to Arby's and had a lot of fun. Enoch's way cool; it was fun to see how much the two boys acted alike.

Saturday at home was way nice. Dad & Mom took us to the Museum of Idaho where they had their dinosaur exhibit up right now. It was awesome! Those things were huge!


Then! Chris & Sadie surprised us all and said that they were going to come visit for the weekend with the girls! I was way excited 'cause I hadn't seen them for way too long, and Clay would get to meet my oldest brother. So to kill time before they came over, we all went bowling.

The first game was definitely the best. I beat both Clay and Dad! Even if was only by 4 points, since they both tied. All I know is, it's a good thing that we took our bowling class. That way we could give Dad some competition.






Clay won the 2nd game!
The whole weekend was tons of fun and way relaxing. I loved being with family, seeing my brother and his wife and their girls again--being filled in on all the high school drama of boys :P (funny story: one of the girls asked if Clayton had a younger brother! baha, ya, he's a stud :D) Clay and Chris got along a little TOO well when it comes to their sense of humor :P It was just super nice to get away for the weekend.

Before heading back to Utah and after my quick dental appointment, my parents took me, Clayton, and Enoch out to Big Judd's. Love that place! Even more exciting: the boys ate the Big Judd sandwich: a 1 lb. hamburger of amazingness! They said it was really good too :) Here's the picture of them with the monster burger:

No comments:

Post a Comment