Clayton's father served his mission in Thailand, so he grew up eating Thai food. I, on the other hand, have never really had it before. Clay's determined to change that, and so he took me out for my first experience with Thai food!
We dressed up all fancy and nice for our night out; he even brought me a rose. Then headed out to this little Thai restaurant over by Center St.


I had no idea what I would even want to order, so Clay did it for us. I'd tell you what it was...but I still have no idea. haha the main dish was something with chicken and potatoes. and then we had a soup with coconut milk. At least...we had them after an hour and a half of sitting there..waiting. Let's just say, worst.service.ever. I mean, we enjoyed the time to hang out and talk to each other. But seriously?! an hour and a half?! The waitress was awful. When we asked her why our food hasn't come when the people who came after us were already eating, she was like, "you'll get it after them!" wow. We really should have just walked out, but oh well. When we finally got our meal (before the soup), she didn't give us any plates and became even more miffed when we asked her for some. Once the soup came, we both agreed that it was awful. So then we went to pay, Clay asked her nicely what the policy of not getting food for an hour an a half nor dishes, and then the soup having no coconut milk in it. Did she apologize? nope! She defended the soup and angrily said that she'd take the soup off our check. So then when she gave us the receipt to sign, she literally slammed the pen down and told us to sign. It was sort of comical, after the fact. But that one act inspired Clayton to give her a 1 cent tip :) We really shouldn't have paid anything, but oh well.
So! To cheer us up after such a horrible dinner, we went to Pizza Pie Cafe and ordered a cookie monster to go :) Fun fact: they give you sooo much more ice cream and toppings when you order t0-go :) So then we curled up with a movie and ate the cookie monster at home. Perfect end to a not-so-perfect dinner :)

it was huge!!

The left side is how much Clay ate; right side how much I ate. ya.. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment