Monday, February 13, 2012

Updating life!--Arizona!

Ok it has been way too long since I've posted anything on here, which is bad 'cause a ton has happened. So the next few posts are going to be all the fun stuff that's been going on the past month and a half.

I went to Arizona on the 4th of January to see Clayton and meet his family..no pressure :) So many emotions were going through me as I felt the plane into Phoenix get lower and lower. Thankfully, my new-found-friend Sandy kept telling me that things were going to be great and that I needed to stop messing with my hair 'cause I looked fine and tell me that I didn't need to be nervous. Haha she was great. The walk towards Clay was, not going to lie, really awkward. (but of course exciting). But it's a long walk! And I couldn't just keep eye contact on him the whole time! But it was sooo exciting! I hadn't seen this guy for over 4 months, and now he was my boyfriend! Sorry for passing the gag-me line...but it was really exciting :) He even dramatically picked me up in our first hug, reminding me how much this guy can make me laugh :)

Anywho, before we went to his house we went on our first date ever! He took me to Pei Wei's. I'd never been there before, but the food was amazing! I'll admit I was really nervous about how differently we'd act around each other since our relationship started when we were in different countries. But as the night progressed, I realized that things were even better in person, and we could be ourselves still.

After dinner we went and saw Sherlock Holmes. He'd never seen it yet, and I really liked it. If you haven't seen it...do it. It's fantastic :) I was just enjoying being with him the whole time. After the movie was over, the people filed out of the theater. We were the only ones left in the theater, so of course it was a perfect opportunity for our first kiss. Which was fantastic :) haha

Once we got settled back at his house, I was able to meet his mom and dad before going to bed. They are so nice! It was really fun to meet them. His sister was awesome and let me stay in her room (thanks again, Abby!). The whole week it was really fun to meet all of his immediate and extended family. They seem to be a lot like mine, which is cool. Hopefully they liked me :/ haha but darn my shyness, I hope I didn't seem too quiet.

Anywho! The week was amazing!! Spending almost every second of every day with my new boyfriend was perfect. I had tons of fun helping them get ready for his cousin's reception and meeting everyone and seeing all the places he'd told me about and dancing west coast swing with his family.

Oo fun fact! My man even caught the garter at the wedding reception...course it was probably rigged and his main competition was his cousin's baby..but hey I was proud of him ;)



The only problem with the weekend was that I caught this nasty flu that was going around his family Friday night after the reception. Clay was amazing though. He set me up on the couch and stayed by my side the entire night...even though I was throwing up every half hour from 11pm til 4am. He might have felt helpless, but it was so nice to have him there when I needed him. I ended up feeling a little bit better on Saturday, but...Clay got sick. So it was our sick day! We spent the whole day on the couch watching movies and sleeping. Other than the whole nauseous thing, it wasn't a bad day.

our nasty picture when we were sick :P

Then Sunday we made the long, long, long ....long road trip back to Provo. It was a lot of fun hanging out with him in the car though. We (mainly Clay) ate way too many sunflower seeds and sang songs (since his radio is busted, it was interesting :D) and talked a ton. We stopped by Dan & Kena's for a little bit. It was really entertaining to watch Kena and her brother interrogate Clayton. He did pretty good, I think :) And Kena said she passed, so that's a good sign. We arrived in Provo a little after midnight, and we both were excited to start life.

No comments:

Post a Comment